Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall....Only 2 months long but beautiful

Fall is here and gone. Now we just have naked sticks... No leaves.... its kinda sad.

But I snapped a couple of shots of Fall as it progressed.

For my Southern California friends, Fall may be a foreign concept. They really only know Hot and Wet. So let me explain this concept of Fall. This is how it starts.

You wake up one morning and you notice the air is a little chilly. You think to yourself

"Odd, didn't we just celebrate Labor Day yesterday?" Indeed, you did. But here in MA Labor Day marks the steep decline in temp. As you walk outside you notice that the trees are starting to turn shades of yellow, and orange as though it happened overnight.




Within weeks the trees become a unique collage of colors. The most impressive to me are the early reds that come out. Its almost like the trees are on fire. Don't worry, this is natural. I know in California this would only be the product of severe drought conditions and a sign that everything is slowly dying. But here it is the natural cycle of things.

This is the picture i used for my cutout art at the top of the blog. This was taken about a week before the leaves all fell off. Every morning for about a week or so I would walk past this view. Its breath taking... I know.

Goodbye Fall...I don't think I'll be here next year but I'll always remember you.

No comments: