Sunday, November 22, 2009

Welcome to Missouri

Well the picture kinda sums up our initial feelings about Missouri. It was beautiful landscape but so many things were run down, unkept, or abandoned.

My favorite conversation with "W" as we were driving in the car through Missouri:
"W": The power lines are so loud I can't hear myself think
Me: hahaha those aren't power lines... those are bugs...

The girls had a chance to get in a wagon and pretend they were pioneer people.

This is the inside of the Liberty jail. On our way in we were stopped by some interesting characters who had just finished the tour. They were shocked that it was a "prison inside a church." Really, the Prison is in a visitor center that was built to protect it from the harsh Missouri weather. But there are missionaries there giving tours and talking about Joseph's time there.

This was one of my favorite places in Missouri. The Far West Temple site is little more than a grass yard right now. But as i stood there i could not help but feel as though I was standing on hallowed ground. As I thought about all the things that took place there I was overwhelmed by the Spirit. This is a picture of the girls sitting "on" the Southeast Corner stone.

2 comments:

beck said...

i love that spot too. used to have district meetings there.

beck said...

place meaning far west.