Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Sweet P....my Firefly

Each of my girls has a nickname. "H" is my Princess...if you know her then you understand.
Baby "E" is currently Grumpy McStinky Pants. "P" is my Sweet P. Mainly because when she was born she was so small... like a pea.
Despite her slight stature "P" has a very large spirit. She has become one of my best friends with her warm humor, unconditional friendship and quickness to forgive me when I'm not the best Dad in the world. She is almost always smiling and loves....I mean loves the camera. I took the first photo with my phone (which explains the weird lighting). She and I were on a walk down by the river and she wanted me to take a picture of her.

We were walking through the store on a quest to find a double boiler for my chocolate making obsession. I was in a bit of a hurry and of course "P" wanted to look at everything on every shelf. About halfway into the store we hit the Halloween isle. In true "P" style she picked up the scariest mask she could find and put it on exclaiming, "Daddy take my picture, I'm a scary monster." Too cute.

Here she is modeling her Old Navy Halloween shirt. She's so punk rock. The other night she woke up with serious growing pains in her legs. She could not fall asleep so we watched some Youtube. Lately I've been listening to Owl City and I thought she might enjoy the "Fireflies" music video. She loved it!! I think we watched it about 10 times before I finally said enough.

She loved the toys from the 70's and 80's. Each time she picked out something new that excited her. I'm always amazed at how she can pick out the smallest details (she can always complete those "I Spy" puzzles before "H"). She has so much imagination and I love being there as she discovers the world. In a lot of ways she is one of my fireflies, keeping me young and full of hope.